As an illustrator most of my time is spent drawing relatively cute and pretty pictures aimed to appease conservative publishers and appeal to a young market. Thus, my private sketchbook is a haven to unfetter my brain on paper... (If you are looking for my usual work in children's literature, check out my regular blog at http://benredlich.blogspot.com/)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Making use of time

I take a sketch book most places I go, and if there's a chance I'll be sitting around for an indefinite period of time I'll doodle completely at random...

A prime example of waiting experiences are doctor's clinics, etc. The following sketch I did whilst spending three hours in a waiting room once...

Then when I get home I scan the image and add a bit of colour. Sometimes worthwhile ideas are born from doing this, other times I've just got a pretty (or ugly) picture to show for my time, which otherwise would've felt wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment