As an illustrator most of my time is spent drawing relatively cute and pretty pictures aimed to appease conservative publishers and appeal to a young market. Thus, my private sketchbook is a haven to unfetter my brain on paper... (If you are looking for my usual work in children's literature, check out my regular blog at http://benredlich.blogspot.com/)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dr Sketchy's Brisbane - March 2012

We were spoilt rotten at Sketchy's last night. Three lovely models for the price of one...
1 min poses
2-3 min poses
5 min pose, "Miss Blue Velvet"
It says 5 minutes, but that's a little misleading. I usually keep working these once the times up. The background cross-hatching is just a bit of fluff to make the figure stand out more.
5 min pose, "Vivian Mae"
I sincerely hope these models don't get offended that I leave out their face, like I've said before, I'm just not good at faces!
5 min pose, "Paige La'Belle"
10 min pose, "Paige La'Belle"
10 min pose, "Paige La'Belle"
15 min pose, "Vivian Mae" & "Paige La'Belle"

2 comments:

  1. LOVE these Ben. Beautiful work as always. Thank you for sharing! Kahlia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kahlia! And thanks for organising, it was a great night. I would've like to stay around and chat, but I had to rush off to catch my bus. See you next month!
      BR

      Delete