As an illustrator most of my time is spent drawing relatively cute and pretty pictures aimed to appease conservative publishers and appeal to a young market. Thus, my private sketchbook is a haven to unfetter my brain on paper... (If you are looking for my usual work in children's literature, check out my regular blog at http://benredlich.blogspot.com/)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dr Sketchy's Brisbane - July 2012

I hadn't been to Sketchy's in a couple months, been flat out with shifting house and getting artwork finished for another book.
10 min, 5 min, and 30 sec poses
I took special care trying to incorporate a face on the 10 minute sketch above, but I ended up making her look like Dustin Hoffman, so I promptly whited it out.
10 min, 5 min, and 30 sec poses
10 min
15 min
Unfortunately I had cut this 15 minute pose short and run to catch my bus home.

1 comment:

  1. A very concentrated effort...obviously done with great care and close observation....:))
    Did you win?

    ReplyDelete